Tambopata Puerto Maldonado
- Duration4 Days
- Min. Age12+
- AvailableAll Months
- Group SizeAvailability 50
TOUR INCLUSIONS:TOUR EXCLUSIONS
- Private bus.
- Rubber boots.
- Three (3) nights of accommodation (lodges).
- Professional guide- fluent in English.
- First-aid kit.
- Three (3) Breakfasts, Three (3) lunches, Three (3) dinners.
- Entrance ticket to the natural hot springs.
- Entrance ticket to National Park.
- Water and snacks.
What to bring?WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Personal medication.
- Rain jacket.
- Clothes for the four days – pants, shorts, t-shirts Bathing suit, sandals, and towel.
- Hiking boots or sturdy tennis shoes.
- Insect repellent.
- Spare cash (preferably in soles).
- Standard backpack (30 liters).
- Personal snacks and water.
- Headlamp or flashlight.
- Toilet paper.
- Original Passports.
- Immigration card.
- Original International Student Identity Card (in case you have applied for a student discount).
Tambopata Puerto MaldonadoTambopata- part of the Puerto Maldondo region- is a tropical forest covering approximately 50% of Peru’s territory. Located on the eastern slope of the Andes and flourishing in altitudes that range from 0 m to 3,500 m, these forests are home to an incredibly wide array of flora and wildlife. The dry season spans from April to October, while the rainy season runs from November through March. During this time the volume of the river increases, temperatures run around 40°C plus, and the climate becomes extremely humid. It is also during this time that “friajes” can occur (patches of cold weather that sweep up from Patagonia – approx 10°C). The main protected nature reserves in Peru are: Manu National Park, Bahuaja National Park – Sonene, and Tambopata National Reserve, all located in the Madre de Dios region of Peru. These protected areas are part of the Vilcabamba-Amboró Conservation Corridor, a conservation project in the Amazon which aims to protect the regions delineated by the Heath river (a region abundant with macaws) and the Heath pampas. The access point to these natural wonders is located in the city of Puerto Maldonado, 30 minutes from Cusco by plane. This tour of Tambopata offers the opportunity to experience all the great rainforest has to offer in a safe and exciting setting. You will hike, travel by boat down the river and pampas routes, lookout for the exotic wildlife and sleep in authentic jungle lodges.