If you are seeking an exciting experience like no other, then white water rafting is a must while in Cusco. The Urabamba River has diverse rafting options subject to seasonal changes. This river originates from high up in the picturesque Andean mountains, and rises through the southeast of Cusco. The river flows within the Scared Valley region, rushing past MachuPicchu and ending in the jungle. The Chuqicahuana, or, “chuqui” division on the upper Urubamba, is considered the most favored section of the river to experience. These rapids are branded as class 3 rapids, offering unspoiled water, scenic surroundings and a fierce current. This tour is a half day excursion which lets you exprince the different levels with professional third party instructors. This excurions can be enjoyed as part of a big group, or if you are travelling solo you can particiapte with other groups on the same day. Your experienced guides will ensure that everything is taken care of.
[tabby title=”Itinerary” icon=”fa-check”]
You will be collected from your accommodation around 8:00am, and taken by private transport to a secluded lodge, which lies on the river. Your guides will deliver a talk and demonstration regarding the safety procedures out on the river. When it is time to take to the water, you will be moving through the class 2 and 3 rapids for around 2.5 hours. In addition, you will be given the chance to try out hydrospeeds and inflatable kayaks. Next, you will reach the banks of the river, and you will drive to the lodge for lunch. As additional activity, for those who are seeking extra excitement, there will be an opportunity to zip line across the river.
* There is an option to opt to stopover for a second day in the area, you will stay at the Cusipata River Lodge. Here you will have access to double rooms with a private bathroom, a relaxing sauna and zip line. There is nothing quite like drifting asleep to the sound of a flowing river. This can be discussed with your representative from Nativa Expeditions.
- Return transportation from Cusco Urubamba River.
- All the rafting equipment, such as Helmet , life jacket, paddle and self-bailing raft.
- Spray Jacket, wet Suit.
- Professional English speaking Rafting guide.
- Hot showers and toilets.
- Beverages such as water.
- Phone calls.
[tabby title=”What To Bring”]
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Swimming suit.
- Fresh dry clothes.
- Sun block.
- Extra money in soles.
DOCUMENTS TO CARRY WITH YOU
- Original Passports.
- Immigration card.
- Original International Student Identity Card (in case you have applied for a student discount).